The Mahi-Mahi was caught while trolling Conch Reef(identified on the map below).
I call this recipe "Conch Reef Style Mahi-Mahi Fingers".
2 pounds of Mahi-Mahi Fillets; cut into 1” Strips
2 tablespoons of milk
½ teaspoon of pepper
½ cup of flour
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of garlic
1 tablespoon of hot or mild chili season
5 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 Limes, Halved
- Pat Mahi-Mahi Fingers dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cumin, garlic, and chili seasoning on a shallow plate.
- Coat fingers and flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, then into a flour mixture. Set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter and oil together in a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- When butter foams, add the fingers; cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Serve with lime halves.